I am currently at a conference in Orlando ALL ABOUT BLOGGING! I’ve been learning so much that I would love to share with all of our web design clients. It has been a great week of learning more about blogging for businesses to support search engine optimization and set yourself up as an industry expert. At RT Design Group, we continue to pursue growth in the area of web design and online marketing, and I am so honored to get to be a part of this conference. As a small business located in Southwest Florida (and beyond), here are just a few tips for getting going in this arena:
1. Make sure that your website has an onsite blog where your clients and prospective customers can learn more about who you are and what makes you unique.
2. Post between 1-3 times per week, and make sure your content is completely unique! Do not copy and paste — write original content, and make sure that you include photos or videos in your posts.
3. Set yourself up as an industry expert, posting about issues and concerns related to your industry. Share your knowledge with others, and set yourself up
4. Define your audience and your main message. To whom are you speaking? How are you communicating your brand to your readers? Keep promoting who you are — your brand — and reinforcing your brand with your readers.
5. Respond to comments — engage with your clients and readers. Legitimize their concerns, and make them understand that you are there and listening.
6. Provide links back to each of your posts on Twitter on Facebook. Promote your blog posts as much as possible!
Keep posting! Blog on a regular basis, and make sure that your blog reinforces who you are, what you do, and what your indsutry is all about! Contact me with any questions regarding blogging, creating content, or managing your online personality!