2013 is almost here — is your business ready to move forward in the new year? Do you typically create goals for your Southwest Florida business each new calendar year? As you consider how you might reach your goals this year in terms of sales, growth, staff development, increased influence, be sure to include a marketing plan for the new year. How are you increasing your online footprint? How are you encouraging others to respond to your business and spread the word about your product and services through social media for the 2013 year?
At RT Design Group, we strongly encourage our clients to create measurable, attainable goals for their online marketing for the 2013 calendar year. Need some ideas? Here are just a few specific online marketing ideas for our clients. These are things that you can either begin doing right now or accomplish relatively easily for the beginning year:
- Confirm your website contains an on-site blog that has a consistent look and feel as your website. Always always remember that in the realm of online marketing, content is king. Does your site have a place on which you can publish unique, interesting, well written content on a regular basis? The benefits are endless — greater clout with search engines, setting yourself apart as an industry expert, and the opportunity to showcase new products and services within your region.
- Write 2 blog posts per week. After you have integrated a blog with your website (or confirmed that you already have a blog available on your site), write on it twice per week (at least). This goal is easily attainable and absolutely measurable. Write about issues related to your industry, new products, the way in which you have helped your clients, or things related to Southwest Florida or Naples in relationship to your industry.
- Post on Facebook once per day. Create content in the form of a question, include a photo, or take video of your products. Encourage a response, and ask your followers to “LIKE” your post.
- Tweet once per day, and reply to at least two tweets. Include links back to your site.
- Find two to three new Twitter pages to follow each day. You will increase your influence and gain followers in the process by reaching out to new pages related to your industry.
We hope these tips help you reach your marketing goals in the new year. As always, give us a call for more ideas or assistance in managing your online marketing.